Goodwill of San Diego County’s Young Adults (YA) Program is a free customized employment service that is offered to the community. The Young Adults Program is designed to serve individuals between the ages of 18 to 25 years of age living in low income areas of San Diego County. The program provides one-on-one services to participants, helping them to find and obtain employment.
Program participants must be able to meet the essential functions of the program/job with or without reasonable accommodations, work in the United States legally (proof of citizenship or immigration status required), and be free of a conviction related to violence.
Each individual participant is provided the following services:
- Staff assisted job search, referrals, and development.
- Job Club Training which provides intensive job seeking and interviewing skills.
- Comprehensive Assessments of the skill level and service needs.
- Development of an Individual Employment Plan (IEP) to identify the employment goals.
- Short-term prevocational skills training.
- Post-employment services and assistance.
- Career planning and extensive case management.
For more information about Goodwill of San Diego County’s Young Adults Program, visit a Goodwill Employment Center or contact Owanda Epiphany at (619) 225-2200 extension 522 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.