1. Do you accept mattresses?
We do not accept mattresses. Contact Bye Bye Mattress for free mattress recycling.
2. Does Goodwill offer Community Service opportunities?
At this time we do not have Community Service opportunities. If you have court-ordered community service hours to complete, you may be able to find opportunities through HandsOn San Diego.
3. Is my donation tax deductible?
Yes, your donation is 100% tax deductible.
4. Will I get a receipt for my donation?
A receipt will be given to you when you donate.
5. What can I do if I donated something by accident?
Follow this link and complete the form.
6.Due to federal and state laws, safety concerns, and recycling guidelines, donations of the following categories of household hazardous waste items cannot be accepted:
- Weapons and Ammunition
- Explosives and Fireworks
- Charcoal, Wood, Lighters and Fluid
- Light Bulbs and Batteries
- Fuels: Oils (and Used Filters), Gasoline, Propane
- Automotive Fluids (i.e. Radiator Fluid)
- Pesticides and Fertilizers
- Pool Chemicals
- Mercury Items (i.e. Thermometers)
- Electronic Devices with Broken or Cracked Screens
- Paints, Stains, Varnish and Paint Remover/Thinner
- Aerosol and Pressurized Canisters (i.e. Propane Tanks)
- Cleaning Products
- Used Cosmetics and Toiletries
- Pharmaceuticals: OTC & Prescription
- Medical Sharps (i.e. Used Syringes)
7. Can I donate my hazardous materials to Goodwill?
We do not accept hazardous materials. Please follow this link to learn how you can dispose of your hazardous materials properly.
8. Who pays for the Goodwill Community Employment Centers and their services in San Diego?
The Centers and their services receive 100% of their funding from our Retail Store revenue. Thank you to our donors and shoppers for supporting our Mission.