ITEMS WE ACCEPT AT ALL DONATION CENTERS
- Housewares and Small Home Appliances
- Toys and Games
- Books and Textbooks
- Bikes, Skateboards, and Scooters
- Purses, Bags, and Luggage
- Home Décor
- Movies, Music, and Media
- Sporting Goods
- Bedding and Linens
LARGE ITEMS WE ACCEPT
- Large Furniture are accepted at our Retail Stores and Donation Storefronts.
- Large Household Appliances (Ovens, Stoves, Refrigerators) are accepted at our Otay Mesa Outlet.
ITEMS WE ACCEPT AT SELECT ELECTRONIC RECYCLING LOCATIONS. ITEMS CAN BE IN WORKING OR NON-WORKING CONDITION.
- Video Game Consoles
- Handheld Video Game Systems
- Computers (Laptops or Desktops)
- Computer Accessories (Mouses, Keyboards, etc.)
- Cell Phones
- Televisions and Computer Monitors
- Printers, Fax Machines, and Scanners
*Please note that we cannot accept any electronic devices with broken or cracked screens*
Visit our electronics recycling page for more information.
ITEMS WE DO NOT ACCEPT
Thank you for your donations and dedication to Goodwill. With your support we are able to provide employment and training opportunities to people with disabilities and other barriers to employment. Over the past few years, we have seen a huge increase in landfill fees because some of the donated items cannot be sold in our stores, outlets or be recycled. The amount we are spending on landfill and HAZMAT disposal fees could be better used to serve more people in our community. We have created a list of items that we cannot accept at our donation centers. Please let us know if your donation is rare or a collectible and we will make sure it is given to the correct handler. Thank you for being active participants in helping us fulfill our mission.
Due to Federal and State Laws, Safety Concerns, and Recycling Guidelines, we cannot accept these items:
Items We Do Not Accept
Ways to Dispose of These Items
- Weapons and Ammunition
- Explosives and Fireworks
- Charcoal, Wood, Lighters and Lighter Fluid
- Light Bulbs and Batteries
- Fuels: Oils (And Used Filters), Gasoline and Propane (And Propane Tanks)
- Automotive Fluids (Radiator Fluid)
- Pesticides and Fertilizers
- Pool Chemicals
- Mercury Items (Thermometers)
- Cleaning Products
- Wet and Soiled Clothing
- Aerosol and Pressurized Canisters
- Used Cosmetics and Toiletries
- Medical Sharps (Used Syringes)
- Paints, Stains, Varnish and Paint Remover or Thinner
- Large Household Appliances
- Pharmaceuticals: Over the Counter and Prescriptions
- Electronic Devices with Broken or Cracked Screens
- Ripped, Stained and Unsellable Furniture
- Construction Materials
- Strollers, Cribs, and Car Seats
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR DONATION?
If you have questions regarding your donation, please contact Goodwill at (619) 225-2200 extension 197 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Representatives are available Monday through Friday 8 am – 4:30 pm.