Begin the process of landing that dream job by having a great interview. Our recruiting team has offered some great interview tips to get yourself one step closer to securing the job of your dreams.
1. Be prepared, research the employer, know who the hiring manager is and learn everything about the job requirements. If you take the time to research these key elements, you will undoubtedly impress the hiring person as it shows your interest and dedication.
2. Review common interview questions and prepare answers that incorporate your experiences. This will help you stay calm during the interview and allow your personality to shine through. It also gives you an opportunity to fine tune your answers and you will be less likely to stumble through your answers. However, even though you are well prepared, try not to sound too rehearsed.
3. Dress for success. First impressions are very important and a lasting positive impression can make the difference between receiving the job offer or not. Wear conservative business attire. Looking polished and put together lets the interviewer know that you are confident, organized and will do a good job representing the company in the office and outside of the office.
4. Arrive at least 5-10 min early. Punctuality shows that you are responsible. It’s also always better to leave for your interview early – you never know if something might hold you up.
5. When greeting your interviewer, make sure to make eye contact and shake their hand. Also, SMILE! 😀
6. Always have an answer for every question asked. If you need to take a second to collect your thoughts, that’s okay. However, this does not mean make something up! If you have never encountered what the question is asking, then tell how you would handle the situation hypothetically.
7. Do not over share personal information and do not speak poorly of your previous employer(s).
8. Prior to the interview/when applying make sure everything on the application is filled out accurately. Make sure there are no mistakes.
9. Remember to ask at least one question.
Good luck with your job search!